Book Title: Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, Fourth Edition
Author: J. William Worden
- Techniques of Grief Therapy: Creative Practices for Counseling the Bereaved (Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement)
- Talking with Children About Loss: Words, Strategies, and Wisdom to Help Children Cope with Death, Divorce, and
- The Other Side of Sadness: What the New Science of Bereavement Tells Us About Life After Loss
- Grief and Loss: Theories and Skills for the Helping Professions (2nd Edition)
- Awakening from Grief: Finding the Way Back to Joy
- Grief and Loss Across the Lifespan, Second Edition: A Biopsychosocial Perspective
- Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society: Bridging Research and Practice (Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement)
- Techniques of Grief Therapy: Assessment and Intervention (Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement)
- A Guide to Crisis Intervention (Book Only)
- The Grief Recovery Handbook, 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition: The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce, and Other Losses including Health, Career, and Faith
Grief affects different people in different ways, most emerge from mourning in a healthy manner but for some the death of a loved one can cause intense emotional pain that is difficult to recover from. This type of grief can often surface as an underlying cause of physical and mental health problems requiring professional treatment.
This highly anticipated fourth edition builds on the success of the previous editions which received worldwide acclaim for their sensitive, insightful, and practical approach to grief counselling. Worden incorporates emerging theories and cutting edge research into this fully revised edition which includes:
- a new chapter on the mourning process discussing the personal and social difficulties that shape mourning
- detailed guidelines for approaching special types of grief including suicide, sudden death and miscarriage
- an updated version of the Task Model.
Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy is an essential resource for everyone working with the bereaved, from those just entering the field, to seasoned practitioners.